Home India Jharkhand Job Crisis: Exam cancellation leaves 2,000 appointed candidates in uncertainty

Jharkhand Job Crisis: Exam cancellation leaves 2,000 appointed candidates in uncertainty

by Princy Pandey
0 comment

RANCHI, Aug 18: The Jharkhand government’s decision to cancel the JSSC-CGL 2024 examination has left nearly 2,000 selected candidates uncertain about their jobs, with some saying the move has also affected their financial and personal lives.

The candidates had secured government posts after clearing the examination and argue that they should not be held responsible for alleged irregularities in the recruitment process.

Among them is Sandeep Yadav, a resident of Koderma who was working in the Vigilance Department at Project Bhawan in Ranchi. Sandeep said he was stopped from entering his office on Tuesday following the government’s decision to cancel the examination.

According to reports, Sandeep said he had joined the department last year after clearing the recruitment examination and had been regularly reporting for duty.

He said the security guard checked his identity card but did not allow him to enter the office, leaving him distressed over his employment status.

The uncertainty has come just two months after Sandeep’s marriage. He said the possibility of losing his job had also made him worried about his family and married life.

Sandeep said he told his wife that if she believed she had married him because he had a government job, she was free to reconsider the relationship.

Meanwhile, candidates affected by the cancellation have said they are exploring legal options to protect their appointments. They have also pointed to previous court proceedings that had allowed the recruitment process to continue.

The candidates have maintained that alleged irregularities should be investigated and responsibility fixed on those found involved, rather than penalising candidates who cleared the examination.

The Jharkhand government cancelled the JSSC-CGL examination amid a prolonged student agitation over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations. The government has also ordered an inquiry and announced measures to reform the examination system.

You may also like

About Us

Bodhi Wire is a global news agency committed to delivering accurate, independent and fact-checked reporting on events that shape our world. Run by the Vanman Foundation — a nonprofit serving people, society and the planet — Bodhi Wire upholds journalism as a force for truth and public good.

Contact Us

Newsletter

Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

Latest News

@2023 – Bodhi Wire All Right Reserved.